Indoor Air Quality
- Commercial Air Conditioning
Commercial Indoor Air Quality
- Commercial Kitchen Equipment
- Maintenance Program
Dehumidifier and Humidifier Services in Shreveport, LA
One of the major obstacles to comfort in Shreveport, LA is high humidity. When the relative humidity in the air rises above 60%, the additional moisture makes it difficult for the human body to release adequate amounts of heat through perspiration. This is the reason that a humid day can make 85°F feel like 95°F or worse.
Although there isn’t much you can do to defend against the muggy climate when you are outside, there are ways to combat high humidity inside your home: the installation of a whole-house dehumidifier or humidifier.
At Hall's Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, we want you to enjoy a high quality of home life. When you have excess indoor humidity, you’ll face problems with comfort, energy wasted on cooling, water damage to building material, and even health complications. We are here to help with our services to install and take care of whole-house dehumidifiers as well as humidifiers. Contact us today to find out more.
The indoor air quality professionals at Hall's Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration offer dehumidifier and humidifier services in Shreveport, LA and the surrounding areas.
The Advantages of Dehumidifiers
A whole–house dehumidifier works in a similar way to the evaporator coils on an air conditioning system: the process of evaporation draws moisture out of the air and makes it drier. If you have professionals perform the work of integrating the right type of dehumidifier into your HVAC system, the new system should provide the correct balance of humidity, neither too damp nor too dry.
Here is how this balance will benefit you:
- Better warm–weather comfort: The temperatures in your home won’t feel hotter than they are with balanced humidity allowing your body to release the proper amount of heat.
- Lower air conditioning bills: Without a dehumidifier, an air conditioner is the best way to beat the heavy heat. But your AC will need to run an extra–long time to overcome the unpleasant effects of humidity. Expect to reduce your air conditioning use (and bills) by a third once you have dehumidifier installed.
- Reduced chance of water damage: Excess moisture in the air can cause water damage to surfaces, such as wood and drywall.
- Fewer health risks: High humidity encourages the growth of molds that can release toxic spores into the air. These are especially harmful for people in a home who suffer from allergies. A dehumidifier will prevent these growths from starting.
We Also Service Humidifiers
Surprisingly, there are still some homes in Shreveport, LA that are just too dry to be healthy. In the case that your home might be suffering from dry air, you might experience coughing, sneezing, and illnesses more frequently. Also, dry air is harder to heat, so your heater is going to have trouble keeping your home comfortable in the winter if your air is too dry. An indoor humidifier will keep your home humid during the driest months of the winter, so that you stay healthy and your air is more comfortable.
Comprehensive Dehumidifier Repair and Maintenance
A dehumidifier or humidifier will receive almost as much work as an air conditioning system during the year in Shreveport, LA. If you don’t schedule regular maintenance for your dehumidifier or humidifier, it may not last long. But even with routine maintenance, a dehumidifier can malfunction and require professional repairs. Hall’s Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, along with maintenance services, also repairs dehumidifiers and humidifiers. Call us today to get started with balanced humidity for your home.