Indoor Air Quality
- Commercial Air Conditioning
Commercial Indoor Air Quality
- Commercial Kitchen Equipment
- Maintenance Program
Dryer Duct Cleaning in Shreveport, LA
Keeping the air ducts in your home clean of dust, dirt, and other contaminants is an important part of maintaining energy efficiency and healthy indoor air quality. But there is another duct in your house that requires similar routine cleaning that you have probably not thought of. It’s the dryer duct that connection the clothes dryer in your laundry room (or other area) of the house to an outdoor vent. This duct will collect fabric lint over time, and not only will this threaten energy efficiency, it also presents a major safety hazard.
These are troubles you can easily avoid by arranging for regular dryer duct cleaning. The staff at Hall's Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration can take care of this useful and protective service for your home in Shreveport, LA. You can schedule dryer duct cleaning on its own or arrange for it as part of other duct cleaning and indoor air quality services we provide for the area.
Has it been too long since you had dryer duct cleaning? Then it’s time to call Hall's Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration in Shreveport, LA or the surrounding areas and schedule it.
Dryer Duct Cleaning: Signs & Warnings
Your clothes dryer will start to give indications that it needs to have its ducts cleaned. Don’t ignore any of these signs; just call for professionals to clean out the duct.
- Clothes take longer to dry: If you find that clothes are coming out of the dryer still damp and you need to run the system longer and longer, then the vent may be clogged and isn’t allowing sufficient hot air to escape outdoors.
- Dryer costs more to run: If you notice a spike in your electricity costs (or natural gas if you have a gas–powered clothes dryer) during times when the dryer is running regularly, a clogged duct may be the issue.
- The dryer feels abnormally hot: If the outside cabinet of the dryer is hot to the touch when it is running, it may be because the duct isn’t allowing sufficient heat to escape.
The Importance of Duct Cleaning
From the signs above, you can infer that it is vital to have dryer duct clean in order to make sure that the dryer effectively dries your clothes and doesn’t waste power doing it. But there is another, more urgent reason why you should have your duct routinely cleaned: House fires.
A duct that is congested heavily with clothing lint will become a major fire hazard in a home. Lint is highly combustible (which is why many hikers take it with them to help get fires started), and the hot temperatures inside the duct makes it easy for the trapped lint to ignite. Such a fire will rapidly spread through a house. You don’t want to take chances with such a problem when it is easily avoidable. Just give our team a call and arrange for dryer duct cleaning.
Duct Cleaning in Shreveport, LA
Hall's Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration is glad to offer dryer duct cleaning services for homes in Shreveport, LA and the surrounding areas. We will help you keep your home safe—and your clothes dry.