Indoor Air Quality
- Commercial Air Conditioning
Commercial Indoor Air Quality
- Commercial Kitchen Equipment
- Maintenance Program
Duct Sealing in Shreveport, LA by Hall's Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
A common problem that homes encounter when it comes to balancing comfort and energy efficiency is air leaks in the ductwork. The ducts of a residential ventilation system are designed to maintain an airtight seal along their length, and if the integrity of the ducts drops, it will lead to an air conditioner or forced-air heater that must struggle to work effectively. Leaking air ducts can also create problems with contaminants and unbalanced humidity.
It requires professionals to seal up the ducts of a home; do not try it yourself with duct tape or look to a non-professional to attempt the repairs. For quality duct sealing in Shreveport, LA, call up the HVAC experts at Hall's Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration. Our technicians have the training and the experience necessary to do the quality job your home deserves.
To schedule expert duct sealing in Shreveport, LA and the surrounding areas, contact Hall's Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration today.
How to Tell You Need Air Duct Sealing
Since you cannot see most of the ductwork in your home’s walls and ceilings, how will you know that it needs to have repairs done? There are some warning signs you can watch for that will tell you it’s time to call on professionals:
- Low airflow from the vents: It only takes a small hole along the ductwork to result in a significant drop in the air pressure inside the ventilation system. This will cause the airflow coming from the room vents to decline. If you notice rooms that seem less comfortable than they should be (too hot/too cold) make a check on the vents to see if the airflow has dropped.
- Musty and moldy smells from vents: Holes along ducts will expose the interior of the ventilation system to the air in tight and dusty spaces, such as the regions between walls or in the attic. This will allow air with a distinctly unpleasant odor to enter. When these smells start coming from the vents, pick up the phone and call for ventilation repair professionals.
- High AC/heating bills: Leaking air ducts are a major cause of drops in energy efficiency for air conditioners and forced–air heaters (e.g. furnaces). If your energy bills start rising and you don’t know the reason, have HVAC professionals investigate.
How Professionals Do Ductwork Sealing
We mentioned above that commercial duct tape is not something you can use to seal ducts. Only professionals have the equipment necessary to both locate air leaks in the ducts and seal them. The standard method that duct sealing technicians use to do their job is to change the pressure in the ventilation system with a power vacuum and find the spots where air is escaping. They then use a combination of mastic sealant and metallic tapes (true "duct tape") to close off the holes so they stay closed.
Hall's Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Offers Duct Sealing in Shreveport
You should never ignore warning signs that the ducts in your home have lost their airtight integrity. The consequences for your comfort, your energy bills, and even your indoor air quality are too high. It’s easy to have duct sealing taken care of: contact Hall's Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, and we will see that the job is done quickly and correctly. Our Shreveport, LA ductwork professionals are here to serve your needs.